Friday, February 3, 2012

"BROWN BEAR BROWN BEAR"


Today I just wanted to have a lot of fun with the kids and see how well they remember what we have done together. I began by having a fun warm up...When I played the drum slow they dance slow and when I played the drum fast they were to dance fast. They did alright and honestly just ran around like crazy kids. Then I tried to trick them and I had them dance slowly when the drum was fast, and fast when the drum was slow. They loved it and had a really fun time. Kids just love taking off their shoes and running around!
I then brought out a book they are very familiar with. "Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See." They all know this book very well and almost have the order memorized! We talked about each animal and how they moved, what quality and what level. We played around with that. I tried to get them to use their imagination and they all ended up just moving like the animal, like crawling etc. It was cute the the kids liked switching things up. It was a very relaxed day and I wanted them to just explore in their own bodies. I learned that sometimes you just need to let the kids do what they are feeling rather than going so in depth into the dance curriculum. They were all smiles after the class and I can't wait to see them after their break!

No comments:

Post a Comment